Rebels Pose No Threat To Afcon – Cameroon

 

 

A senior official involved in Cameroon’s hosting of the Africa Cup of Nations has assured the BBC that separatist rebels pose no threat to the tournament, which begins on Sunday.

Engamba Emmanuel Ledoux admitted that last week groups fighting for the independence of Anglophone Cameroon set off an explosion in the town of Limbé, which will host some of the games.

 

But he said the government had introduced security measures to stop the rebels from attacking the event or the nearby town of Buer, where some of the players are expected to stay.

“The threats have been going on. This is not the first time. You know, we organised the Chan [African Nations Championship] last year within the same environment,” he said.

 

 

To Advertise Your Products Or Services, Please Call: +233 0240266354 or Whatsapp: 0595114788

admin

Want to make a contribution? or Got questions about our page please reach us through phone or WhatsApp: +233595114788 or Email us via: myvoltatoday@gmail.com We will gladly respond to you. Our team of support is always ready to respond to whatever query you make. Your feedback is our topmost priority, for without you we cannot fully operate.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.